<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d12354366\x26blogName\x3dLet\x27s+Make+Cents!\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dSILVER\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://letsmakecents.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://letsmakecents.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-7694619307217039596', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Monday, May 23, 2005

Bank Security Sucks!

From CNNMoney: Did bank employees sell account info?
Report: More than 100K clients at BofA, Wachovia, other banks hit by ring that sold stolen data.

"The customers so far believed to be affected are in New Jersey, Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Maryland and Pennsylvania."

Every time I see one of these articles I cringe and appreciate the fact that it wasn't my information that was stolen/sold. Now it might be, because I do bank with Wachovia. I haven't yet heard from the bank so I'm crossing my fingers.

I just remembered that in the past my account information may have been accessed too. I have received notification before in separate incidents that my accounts with a brokerage firm and a department store may have been compromised, and both companies sent me new account numbers. What a pain. This has got to be costing companies millions.

Identity theft and more security tips
FDIC Consumer Alerts - Identity Theft
Privacy Right Clearinghouse
Identity Theft Resource Center
Dept. of Justice - Identity Theft and Identy Fraud
IdentityTheft.org: Ways to protect yourself

Comments:
I saw this article and nearly flipped out... when you can even trust the bank, the people who are suppose to be protecting you, then we have serious problems.
 
Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link


<< Home

Subscribe in NewsGator Online Blogarama - The Blog Directory Subscribe with Bloglines
Syndicate this site