<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d12354366\x26blogName\x3dLet\x27s+Make+Cents!\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dSILVER\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://letsmakecents.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://letsmakecents.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-7694619307217039596', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Free things I used to pay for...

I used to pay for quite a few things that I now get for free, or I use an alternative. Here are some of them:

Newspapers - I view CNN on-line and check out some cable news stations nightly, plus read the NY Times for free at work. Savings
Magazines - I read a lot of them for free at the local bookstores, but I don't really save money because I also spend a lot on books I'm tempted to buy. No savings
Books - I do buy some, but I also read some for free at the bookstore, and I check them out 4 or 5 times a week from the library. No savings
Coffee - I'm doing better. Instead of buying it with my morning chocolate fix every day at the local cafe, I joined the 'coffee club' at work and stopped drinking it at home entirely. Savings
Checking account- I switched from an interest bearing checking acount to a no interest direct deposit. The interest bearing one used to cost me about $10/month because I rarely carried the required minimum. Savings
On-line access - my employer pays this bill now for fast speed internet, although I do have to do some work at home to maintain it. Savings
Postage - I really like the new flat rate boxes ($7.70) from the post office. I used to spend about double that for boxes mailed to relatives. Savings
My Amex blue cash back CC. I don't get a lot, but enough to make it worth while. Savings

Take advantage of daily savings opportunities - it can really add up!

Comments:
Thanks for the great list! I just discovered the prepaid $7 boxes myself. I'm already planning Christmas gifts to relatives...with the main condition: anything I buy must be able to fit in that particular box!
 
Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link


<< Home

Subscribe in NewsGator Online Blogarama - The Blog Directory Subscribe with Bloglines
Syndicate this site